NOTE: Try to keep your items on the smaller side, under 2.5". Some patterns will be for larger items. Make them smaller by using smaller fibers and hooks. I would also suggest making them mostly flat because they will need to fit in pockets. If you want more dimensional items the wall hanging could be altered for those too.
Themes by month, but work on them as you wish:
- June - gifts and toys (presents, trains, cars, dolls)
- July - characters (santa, reindeer, elves)
- August - religious
- September - snowmen and wintery things
- October - miscellaneous (bells, music, holly...)
- 34 Best Christmas Advent Calendars, great ideas for year round count downs too!