snappy tots: Celebrating the end of fall

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Celebrating the end of fall

We just got home last night from spending a few days in Yellowstone and Island Park. As I walked through the door I was hit by the site of Halloween decorations! gross! I will be packing up most of it and leaving out those things which can pass for fall/Thanksgiving..which aren't many.

Thanksgiving is like a giant dam that needs to be reinforced each year. I bet years ago the beavers' union gave up and offered a full surrender, not being able to hold the giant mass known as "Christmas" back any longer. No, this calls for a giant concrete one. A friend shared this graphic and I LOVE it!

So, in honor of the turkey, I will celebrate fall a little longer.

Decorate
Coffee Cozies are always a must this time of year. I love the "lid" for the jar too. There are tons of "mixes in a jar" recipes to put inside instead of pumpkin seeds...which make me gag.

Delight
I am usually not a fan of fall colors because I miss the bright and cheeriness that is lacking, but this crocheted tote is a gorgeous combination. The pieces could be assembled as a centerpiece or pillow too.
Delish
Ok...this is by far one of my favorite shares. Check out "10 days of mason jar gifts", use the cozy hat and lid pattern posted above and make it into santa or snowmen and you will have presents for everyone on your list this year!

Delovely
Cowls are really popular right now and a beautiful way to stay warm. Love the color, love the pic, love that it's a free pattern.

Deliver 

This makes me giggle. What a super cute little treat that kids can help make too! My son's kindergarten class doesn't do a party but I think I will see if we can have the kids make these. Makes an adorable goody to give to your Thanksgiving guests too! 
Have you started planning who will cook your turkey this year? 
Grab my Cooked Turkey hat pattern for only $1.99 til Thanksgiving (new wing pattern will be added by the 15th and sent as an update). Take a look at pictures people have uploaded while you are there. They are AWESOME. Two thumbs (or wings) up!