snappy tots: SQUARES!

Friday, November 16, 2012

SQUARES!

Last fall I dreamed of a blanket full of crocheted squares made by snappy peeps to keep me snuggled warm. A grown up "woobie" for times of stress and when in need of comfort. 
This past summer, after much request, we started a block exchange. The goal? Have 48 people make 48 identical blocks, send them to me, I separate them and send back a representation from each person. We ended up getting such a huge response we put together 2 blankets, involving 96 people. Almost all of the squares have made it to my house and are piled up in my living room. I love seeing them and am super excited for everyone to get their blankets back. You can see some of the squares and watch the progress in my Ravelry group.
Will we do another block exchange? possibly. This one has been a HUGE SUCCESS and super fun. We might do one after the first of the year...same idea, but a few more "guidelines" to make it go more smoothly. 
Because of all the blocks, I have come to LOVE anything granny square-ish. I want to share some of my most favorite finds.
I LOVE this book!!! Tons of different ideas, but the best part is the color combinations.
You will see several granny inspired projects in our CAL too!
A few years ago I made slippers for my mom, similar to these. They work up quickly and are super cute. Thanks to "the purl bee" for this wonderful pattern.
Beautiful Grandma Tree