snappy tots: 12 x 12 x 12

Sunday, February 3, 2013

12 x 12 x 12

A 12" square never seemed so big! I started my first square for January as part of the "Crochet Block a Month" and it felt like I just kept going and going. These would make gorgeous pillow tops too.
I got 2 squares done.
The first one, "12" Granny", I did all in one color.
The second one, "Woolly's Snowflake Square", was supposed to be the 6" for this month. To be 6" it needed to be made of DK weight yarn. My blanket is WW so it ended up bigger and I turned it into a 12". This one definitely needs blocked.
I think I will do 3, 12" squares and two 6" squares (stacked on top of each other) for each row. So I need to find some patterns to finish January's blocks.

February's patterns have been posted! Check them out. I am excited to get caught up and start on them. How are you doing? Take a look at what other people are doing in the group. Lots of lovely things.