|FREE Pattern: Women's Ballet Slippers by Michele Gaylor: Yarn: Loops & Threads Impeccable in darkish purple (not sure of actual color name).|
I would consider these as more of a bootie sock. I did adjust the pattern slightly so the opening would be smaller. Just for my personal quirkiness because I dont like to see too much of the top of feet.
|I LOVE the colors and stripe sequence used in her sample.|
- Pattern is FREE!
- Simple enough for beginners
- No brain work needed...made in one piece.
- Easy to make different sizes
- F word!...oh, I mean F hook. lol. Does create a nice, solid fabric...I would prefer using a larger hook.
- Opening of foot was a little too open for me so I added a round in 5-9, then deleted round 19.
- I wish the pattern was available in PDF. It is free and listed on their blog. I copy and pasted into Word then made my own PDF so I can save in DropBox or print.
- It doesn't give as much detail as I am used to, but if you have worked in the round before you shouldn't have any problems.
- I wear a size 8 and the pattern does work up fairly small. I will be giving these as a gift and most people I know wear bigger then these were turning out. Since there isn't a gauge listed, I kept checking size on my foot. The pattern mentions adding 2 rounds for a size 8, which I did.
- There is one error. On round 10 I believe it should TURN at end.
- I also worked the pattern in the round since I only used one color. I didn't join at end of round 1. I worked (hdc, dc) in first st of round 2, then 2dc in each st to end of the round. When I got to the part of working back and forth in rows, I ended the last "round" with hdc, sl st.