snappy tots: Spring Cleaning

Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Cleaning

My parents recently bought an old home and are in the process of restoring it. For Easter I thought it would be fun to give them a spring cleaning basket. Mom LOVES the Mr. Clean magic spongy things. For a long time she kept giving them to me and I kept throwing them away, thinking they were some kind of weird styrofoam block. Once I finally figured it out, I too fell in love with them. They are awesome. So, of course I had to put some in the basket. Hayden also chose a lime green scrubber with its own little dish. I might have to get myself one too.
A gift basket, in my opinion, is not complete without a crochet cloth. They are my fav to give and use. I have a couple go-to patterns, but recently ran across this cute starfish one. We have always loved the ocean and spent several family vacations on the Pacific Coast. Mom and dad even owned an awesome motel right on the beach.
"Starfish Dishcloths", a free pattern from Redheart, is a quick and easy crochet project.
When looking for ideas, I also came across these wonderful patterns:
  • From Whiskers & Wool, these "Flower Power Dishcloths" add a bright touch of color for wedding and bday presents this summer. They would be super cute center pieces and great "thank you" gifts.
  • If you really LOVE making dishcloths, try taking the "365 day dishcloth challenge" over at Best Free Crochet.
  • Granny squares make great dishcloths too!
Cleaning Gift Baskets make the perfect wedding and graduation gifts!
Speaking of cleaning, have you tried the new line of cleaners from "Dirty Jobs"? they are fantastic! You could even win gift cards and free maid service! Enter before 5/9/31.